Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) - Jamie McGuire http://lisleslivres.blogspot.com/2012/12/review-beautiful-disaster-by-jamie.htmlI haven't really posted any negative reviews, so here I go with the first.Characters: Most readers of this have also read Fifty Shades, so that brings up me comparing the main characters. Travis and Christian are both controlling despite their really sweet moments. I cannot love these men because I would be scared of them lashing out. Needless to say, I'm not a fan of them.Abby's like Anastasia, the sweet good girl type of character. She seemed weak to me. Whether it was from her love of Travis or not, she was not a strong, independent woman that could take care of herself. I don't like to see these servile characters in my books. I want to see a strong female lead, a role-model for others. Note: I had when Travis calls Abby Pigeon! Sure there was a semi- cute reason why she's called that, but I hate it.Plot: Oh so predictable and melodramatic at times. I'm all about the predictable love stories, but the characters really did not contribute to making me feel positively about this bookWould I recommend this to a friend? No. This was badNew ADult: So this is one of those new adult genre books. I'm really into the idea of it because I like a balance between the innocent YA and the explicit Adult Romance, but this was so disappointing. I'm willing to try this genre again, so I'm crossing my fingers for next time.