On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1)

On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1) - Samantha Young http://lisleslivres.blogspot.com/2012/12/review-on-dublin-street-by-samantha.htmlMy rating: 5 of 5 starsActual rating: 4.5 stars!Characters: I liked Jocelyn for being sassy, but her stubbornness got very frustrating! However, she's got legitimate reasoning for keeping up walls. And I admire that she doesn't try super hard to look good, and she's not tall and stick thin. And Braden... Seriously, why don't people like him exist? He starts off really flirty and arrogant, kind of annoying, but it becomes evident that he's a truly devoted and loving person towards the people he cares about;) He comes off as if he would be very controlling, but he proves to be so much better than desperate for control Christian Grey. Lastly, the guy's actually very intelligent, not to mention gorgeous.Ellie, Braden's brother and Jocelyn's roommate, wins for best supporting character. She was so cheery and sweet, a girl that makes everyone smile.Plot: So you think you have another 50 Shades, but this actually had a decent plot. I actually wasn't expecting a couple of the major conflicts. Again, I want to stress that this was a ROMANTIC DRAMA, not just pages filled with sex (but I'm definitely not saying that the amount of intimate scenes didn't get to be a little too much). The Drama that constantly kept my interest. Writing: I always find writing of a book in which the other characters speak a different dialect super interesting. I learned some new Scottish words:) I did find it kind of funny when Jocelyn said something an American obviously wouldn't say, but Samantha Young did a pretty good job of writing an American character when she's from Scotland.*To the minds that want to be devoid of profanity, you're in for a treat. KiddingGenre: This is technically adult fiction but I was having a little debate with myself (don't pretend you don't do it too) about whether or not this was adult fiction or new adult fiction. The characters acted pretty young, but were older than college age, yet I'll still argue that this can be new adult.I'm having a dilemma. YA is getting kinda boring because the most exciting thing to happen is a little peck, but then adult fiction is on the complete opposite end of the spectrum, with explicit sex on every page. Perhaps I should venture into this new adult genre.