A Midsummer's Nightmare

A Midsummer's Nightmare - Kody Keplinger http://lisleslivres.blogspot.com/2012/10/review-midsummers-nightmare-by-kody.htmlJ'aime Kody Keplinger!Evertime I read something by her, I'm amazed at how young she is.I have no idea why I even picked up her first book, The DUFF, but ever since I've been loving this girl's work! On to my thoughts on this one. Ok, some people might be weirded out that Whitley and Nathan are step siblings and had sexual relations. You might be questioning my tastes in books after also having read On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves where the protagonists have a 14 year age difference, but I assure you that these are goodies!The thing about Kody Keplinger is that she will delve into the "risque" topic of sex, but in no way is it ever gross and graphic. She goes beyond the climactic kiss that most ya novels have, but not to the point where you feel uncomfortable reading it. So, I guess it's advised that you be mature in order to read this. And of course, there are her characters. They always have distinct voices. First, there's Whitley. She has got sass! She is very sarcastic and immature, but grows up by the end of the book. She's been described as a female Holden Caufield: I can see it a bit. Then there's Nathan. I love him. He's the hot, caring nerd. And, finally comes Harrison, the funny, gay best friend. If you've read Shut Out, he's in there because all of Kody's novel are set in Hamilton. Even Wesley and Bianca have a cameo.The writing isn't complicated, but it flows nicely. Her stories are always quickies for me.The story's kind of predictable. It's simply one about going through the struggles of adolescence and coming out strong! Nonetheless, I enjoyed it.Would I recommend it to a friend? Yes,this has everything in it-romance, drama, humor.